These may be amended from time to time in discussion with children.
- Respect and courtesy. All pupils are expected to treat staff, fellow pupils and visitors with respect and courtesy at all times. Bullying and threatening behaviour are not permitted. Pupils must not behave in any way which endangers themselves or others. The use of foul language is unacceptable.
- Punctuality. The official opening time is 9:10 a.m. Formal classes begin at 9:30 a.m. Classes for Infants end at 1:50 p.m. Classes for all others end at 2:50 p.m., and all children should have left by 3:00 p.m. Parents should collect children punctually. Those leaving independently after school should do so without delay.
- Absences. When a pupil is absent a note to the teacher is required. Please inform the school of infectious illnesses.
- Personal property. Pupils must respect the property of others. Pupils should have their names on all their belongings.
- School property and the school environment.
Pupils must respect all school property and keep the school environment clean and litter-free.
Indoor shoes will be worn when weather conditions dictate.
Children must stay within the boundaries of the school.
- Behaviour in class. Children are expected to follow the teacher’s instructions.
They must have all books and required materials.
They are expected to work to the best of their ability and to present written exercises neatly.
- Homework. It is the policy of the school to assign homework on a regular basis.
If homework causes a child undue worry, parents are asked to contact the teacher.
Classroom rules will be drawn up by each class teacher at the beginning of each academic year in consultation with his/her pupils and the principal. They will then be displayed in each classroom.
These reflect and support the school rules, but are presented in a way that is accessible to the children. Class rules are kept to a minimum and are devised with regard for the health, safety and welfare of all members of the school community. They will emphasise positive behaviour (e.g. ‘Walk’ and not ‘Don’t run’) and be applied in a fair and consistent manner, with due regard to the age of the pupils and to individual differences.
Be a Buddy NOT a Bully.
Pupils are strictly forbidden to use mobile phones in the school. Pupils who infringe this rule will have their phones confiscated.
Download our Policy Documents: